Tuesday, November 04, 2014

Without baseball...

Every year for the last ten or so between the end of baseball season in October and the start of the season in April I try to get interested in other sports.  Something about watching sports calms me down for some strange reason.  I can't quite explain it, except maybe that my grandfather liked to watch baseball games (the Cubs) when I was a little girl, and I loved my grandpa and always enjoyed that.  Although I know more about football now than I ever did before, it doesn't interest me all that much.  I get hockey and basketball and I used to play soccer and love that, but watching those sports doesn't hold my interest all that much.  I'm not sure what it is, but baseball is just a unique experience for me.  I can sit through 15 innings if I need to with a consistent enthusiastic interest.  Now that the season is over, I need something else to do.  Most of my friends and family regularly watch some TV show or other.  I do enjoy some television, but haven't found anything recently that has me over the moon.  I suppose maybe it doesn't have to be one thing.  Maybe I could dedicate each of the interim months to one activity or project.  Maybe December will be my month to learn to juggle and January will be all about chess.  February could be the month in which I start rock climbing.  March might be the best time to start salsa dancing lessons.  We'll see...

No comments: