Sunday, November 02, 2014

Writing to Lose

Hello there!  I know I've said it before, but this time I am really going to try to blog every day here at least for the next 8 weeks.  I can't promise it will be super interesting, but I've decided to enter a silly weight loss contest for the next 8 weeks with the top prize being a nice chunk of cash, so I'm thinking anything I can do to make the process easier will be helpful.  Tomorrow is the first weigh in and I've just had a large cup of hot chocolate and a big chunk of pumpkin cake and I feel sick to my stomach!  Seems like a good way to start a diet.

Another reason I want to start blogging again is because of a change in my personal life that I don't want to go into details about, but I'd like to make some changes in the ways I communicate.  So, I'm thinking that means less Facebook, less G-chat, and more blogging and more face-to-face personal interaction with just a few friends, (instead of a little bit of time with lots of different people).

I also am going to try to be better about following other people's blogs, especially Susan, who I miss and haven't been following for far too long.

+++

It occurs to me to add that for the past 10 weeks I've been training for a 10k and I need to take a break.  It's been exhilarating running 15-25 miles a week and working on speed, but I'm achey and I want to take a bit of a break from running, but will probably get going again in a week or so, since the race is on Thanksgiving.

No comments: